5.10.2012

SEE THE JOY


This was the scene when I arrived this evening.                                                                     


Being married to a sports addict, I've had the chance to watch many a classic sports video.  Do you know the line from Field of Dreams?  It ran over and over in my head as I prepared myself for opening night.....


 "If you build it, they will come."             


And come they did!



I don't think any performance will ever be without flaw.  
Despite a few mishaps, it was a night to remember!


Again , I snapped a few unsuspecting members of the audience reveling in the payoff of many long hard hours of work.

 






It was over before we knew it.   I watched as you all paraded out to the musical clapping
and wild applause.   So many proud faces amidst the crowd.





Pleased were the expressions you bore on your happy, tired faces.












Even more pleasing, however, was the chance to see the joy you shared spread through the crowd.

What a treat for them!  This was their first taste of the Zion we have all been experiencing firsthand. 





It made me reflect on President Uchtdorf's comments in the last priesthood session:

"The why‍ inspires our soul.
The what‍ informs, but the why‍ transforms."

It is not what you have done the past few months that has mattered....
but why you have done it.  Yes, the joy is transforming!













No comments: