5.11.2012

BLOOPERS & FAVORITES

I peeked around the corner tonight to snap a quick shot in the foyer before heading in to join the orchestra in the pit.  The warms ups of buzzing lips could be heard ringing through the air. 

SHOWTIME!





The show kicked off high on helium tonight!
"Follow the yellow brick road..... wait, I forget we aren't in Kansas anymore!"   
                                                           - The Wizard... I mean Brad Pitt, er, President Salisbury

"....Gathering tar and melting feathers...."
                                                          - Scott Erickson is really channeling his inner Mayor Shinn now!





I witnessed a sweet episode and breakdown of hysterical tears in the front row from a very distraught 3 year old boy.... who happened to be Keturah's nephew, Micah. The capturing of Harold Hill by the very angry River Citizians was simply more than he could bear.

                     Relief was evident in his post show exclamation to Marian...... "You saved him!"




My family was present in the crowd tonight.... and I had to share my 4 year old daugther's favorite moment..... "That was the best mushy kiss ever, Mom!"  Too bad I was lost in the notes on the page before me to catch a glimspe!




Which brings me to share a thought or two on this relationship between our leading cast members tonight.  I've been asking each of you as cast and crew to share your favorite moments and photos you've captured from the past few months.......  here are a few to start it all off.


"Hard to choose memories from so many, but one of my favs was an early rehearsal of the Charlie Cowell/Marian scene. Keturah was saying 'You guys gotta give me more!' Those of us in the seats were whistling, clapping, laughing, giving our 'moral' support. Then in the middle of their lines, four curious faces of the quartet peeked out from the middle of the drawn curtains as if they didn't want to miss any of the steamy action happening on the thrust. Was a moment you wished you would of had your camera."               .... Roxanne Jackman



               Laura shared this sweet photo with me of her and Kent after the show.



"Several weeks ago, as Keturah was leading us in singing "I Love to See the Temple," I happened to look over at Kent and Laura during the second verse, and just as they were singing "...where we are sealed together," they both turned to each other and smiled a tender, knowing smile. It was so touching. They didn't know they were being observed, and I almost felt as if I had intruded on a private moment. But I can testify just as President Randall how deeply they are in love. What an awesome example of keeping a marriage eternal!"     .... Lauri Hancey




No comments: