5.15.2012

FROM YOU

I often wished throughout this journey that I could make duplicates of myself to be in all the places I would like to be, soaking in each and every moment.  Since that was obviously not possible,I sought each of you for some thoughts,  photos, memories, and insights you wished to share to intermix in what I have collected....



"I loved the "pickle" ladies and the quartet and Mama and Winthrop and just everyone! Everyone was just where they were supposed to be. Our amazing crew and my awesome hair, makeup and quick change ladies! Rachelle, Megan and Heidi were my heroes and I could not have survived without them! Keturah was my inspiration and sometimes the gas in my tank. My sweet, amazing husband makes me so proud and is just the best there is! Kent is the oil in my lamp and my inspiration. My favorite memory is Keturah's three year old nephew, Micah, coming out to greet us after the show and saying to me, "You saved him!!". To which I replied "Yes, I did! And he saved me too!"."
                                                                                       .... Laura Scott





"It has been so amazing watching everyone bloom in their roles. You just can't help but clap for them in the curtain call despite if it's proper theatre protocol. You can't help it because you have gained an appreciation for how much work, faith, and prayer they have put in within and beyond the walls of our stake center. You can't help it because you have grown to know and love your fellow River Citizians that wouldn't of been possible any other way."
                                                                                    ... Roxanne Jackman




"My favorite was beginning every rehearsal with a song, prayer, and thought. It was just the thing needed to bring the spirit of the Lord into each and every rehearsal. It helped remind me of the reason of why we were doing this show. It wasn't to show off our talents, per say, but to build a tight community one with another. To enjoy others. To create a heaven-like home away from home. I loved getting to know people in the stake (as I am new to this area) and meet some fantastic new friends."
                                                                                                   ... Natalie Resch




"I wanted to share a couple of favorite memories from helping behind the scenes with the music man...
I get a unique vantage point while watching in the wings... I see the scramble to make it to places before the curtains goes up... I see the prep before the lights go on and hear the sighs of nervous relief after each scene is accomplished.... Here are 2 of my favorite of these moments and a word about the stage crew:

I get to pull the curtain on the cute girls in the library scene. They gather on stage while the pick-a-little ladies are doing their thing on the thrust. I get the giggles every time while watching the antics of the miniature pick-a-littles strutting and lip syncing with attitudes to the sky to rival their adult counter parts. The facial gymnastics, snooty turned up noses, and hair flipping that goes on silently behind the curtain just slays me every time! Then they snap to sweet librarian shushing innocents as the curtains part. What a hoot!




The angry mob of citizens storms out passed me at the curtain rope in search of that huckster Hill at the beginning of the chase scene... They are all making noises like angry people as they hustle off the stage. I had to chuckle as one sweet Iowan lady rushed passed me mincing in her heels as quickly as possible saying loudly "Don't trip! Don't trip! Don't trip!"






Even though we have seen and heard the show many times yet we still laugh back stage every time at our favorite scenes. "Never mind!" It is really hard to not poke our heads out from behind the curtains to watch the fun. You never see us singing along and raising our hands when "We've got trouble!" but we do. Our hearts jump out of our chests every time the Grecian urn ladies' books fall from their heads because we are trying to ready the next scene in super silent mode. "Crash!" We also take a well deserved bow unseen during the curtain call. I have loved being a part of the backstage ninjas!"

                               ... Lisa Poulsen


On a lighter note....

Maren's costume threat became instantly infamous:  "You will DIE!"








It was very clear no one could eat in costume.... which left for some very hungry young men in the George family.  Tahnean George shares her favorite line and story from their family.  It seems Spencer was quite hungry one rehearsal night....
 "I will do anything for a sandwich!"
Even if that means parading through the parking lot in his stretchy pants running to the suburban for a sandwich during intermission!  Mom (Tahnean) was sure to catch the action!!





                                                                                                                   More to come!!!!!

No comments: