3.18.2012

MINISTERING

I came early today.  I sat back and watched as the crew arrived, a few here, a few there.  Some were still sleepy eyed, others perky and ready to go.  I smiled at the greetings between friends. 

Keturah stood up and began the practice with a few words of wisdom.  She talked of ministering.  This production itself is a ministry..... between friends, from adult to child, cast member to backstage crew, musician to director, our entire crew to the members of our stake who will be watching.   I was touched by her words of remembering each other, ministering in words and deeds.  The words of Love One Another rang through the morning air.  I needed those words personally today for what would be coming not too long after.


The production began.... a full act rehearsal today.  What a treat!










Happy faces galore...... I loved the characters coming to life!





Our little "Sub-in Tommy".... making everyone laugh and smile.....







I turned and looked at those watching from behind me in various parts of the gym.  It seemed I wasn't the only one enjoying the "show" thoroughly.


Our pianists giggled with glee.




                       Our director was brimming with smiles, "belly laughing, and snorting" (as said per her own words, mind you).......   "The best scene practice yet!"




Further in the back I noticed President Randall checking in and admiring from afar.  If only one could know what was running through the tracks of his mind at that moment......






I even happened to find a few smiles in the orchestra today......





The costumes begin...... lots of measuring, pinning, and tucking going on here!



It was about this time that I received the news delivered in person from Bishop Holt as I sat and snapped pictures away.....

............Elder Britten Schenk from our stake had been hit by a bus in Brazil where he was serving.  I happen to be his mother's visiting teacher, neighbor, friend, fellow co-worker within the Primary.  With emotions brimming over, I finished my rounds.  My heart was elsewhere, prayers filling my heart and mind.  

 It was then that I recalled the words Keturah had shared not long before.... the work of ministering.  How much ministering this family will need!   I find it interesting the Lord's timing in all of this.   As we have been coming together through the fun of this production, those relationships have started to strengthen and reach out from what was there before.  Perhaps it was preparation for the now spiritual and physical bonding our stake will need to support the Schenk family through this difficult time.


One more picture before I left the building today.....




.... a perfect snap of ministry in action.  We are in this together, for better or for worse, in happiness and trials..... thank goodness we have each other!

1 comment:

The Bec-ster said...

Fun pictures, thank you.
I hope the Elder is doing better. Do you have an update?