3.03.2012

MAKIN' THE ROUNDS

A typical Thursday night at the Stake Center..... it seems is not so typical in the end.


I walked in tonight and made the rounds.  Would you believe every organization room was filled..... so many hard at work.  What a variety I was met with!


My first stop was the Young Women's room where the sounds of the orchestra filled the air. 
                  In its beginning stages, it seems .... for there were so many faces of concentration.







A few worried looks were caught amidst the music.





That tricky rest led to one of my favorite quotable quotes of the night:
"When you miss it the first time, you circle it, mark it, make it stand out.  You miss it the second time and we prick your finger, then mark it in blood.  I'm kidding... sort of."

(I guess it is the music teacher side of  me that made me giggle with glee upon hearing this!)





Speaking of quotable quotes, rumblings amongst the cast led me to another remark of note from cast member Gordan Jackman.  It seems whilst I was yet on my way to record the night, the cast was running about within the "trouble scene," breathless and overwhelmed.   Between gasps of air, Brother Jackman noted:  "I didn't know I was signing up for an exercise program when I signed up for this play!"

                                                                                                   Anyone else feel the same?!


On to the Primary room.  I can't seem to get enough of these pick-a-ladies.  A few costume additions added just the right touch.  It was comic relief as I entertained myself watching their faces.






I get the feeling they even crack themselves up.....


Then it was the Nursery Room ....where I found a few men "playing train".... you could almost get sea sick with the amount of  bobbin' that was going on!







Ever tried having a serious conversation while bobbin' up and down?



                                                                      Yeah, it was hard for them to keep serious, too.




By the time I made it to the Relief Society room, it had emptied, it's contents flocking to the gym where the real party was going on.  You should have seen the merriment....





                                                          Are we having fun yet?




                                                 From makin' the rounds tonight, I would say it's in the affirmative.

No comments: